Conditions of Use
Drop-In Leisure Swimming
Everyone is welcome to lap swimming during all of our regular operational hours as well as use of on deck facilities or hot tubs, sauna and steam room. Water joggers are also welcome at most times except during large rentals or during program times. During Swimming Lesson times, pool access may be restricted to the use of lap lanes only. These restrictions help us maintain the quality of the teaching environment for our Learn to Swim Program. Pool and multi-purpose room availability is posted each week at our Front Desk.
Lap Swimming Etiquette
Please swim in a circular pattern, up on the right and back on the left, to avoid collisions.
Please choose the appropriate lane for your speed.
Please be courteous and allow faster swimmers to pass.
Please do not stand, float or play in the lap lanes.
Children under 8 must be accompanies by a swimming adult.
Code of Conduct
All participants at the Centre are deserving of a safe and hospitable environment to enjoy during their visit. The following types of behavior will not be tolerated and will result in removal from the building and membership cancellation depending on the severity of the act: Physical assault, disruptive behavior, sexual or racial abuse, abusive language, fraud, damage or theft within the facility and the sale or use of alcohol or drugs. No one is allowed to use the CGAC Centre to conduct business except by authorization of the General Manager.
No unauthorized use of any cameras within the facility.
Please keep in mind that No Food or Drinks are permitted past our Front Lobby.
General Pool Information
Our Aquatic facility and programs provide lots of opportunity for everyone to explore the world of aquatics in many ways! Safety is our #1 priority – please observe pool rules and the instruction of our staff.
- During Learn to Swim periods, our Instructional Aquatic Supervisors are available if you would like to consult them about child’s placement or progress. Please ask one of our pool staff to identify them.
- No food, drink, gum or glass bottles. We ask that there are no outside shoes or cameras on deck please.
- Parents are welcome to observe classes on-deck or in our bleacher area. Strollers are restricted in this area.
- Please shower before your class or activity.
- Gender appropriate swimwear is required on deck and in the pool.
- Children aged 5 and over must use gender-appropriate locker room or our Family Change Huts, (located on pool deck).
- Children under the age of 12 are prohibited from wearing swim masks.
- Lap lanes are designed to accommodate more than one person. Please ask a lifeguard about proper pool etiquette.
- The Aquatic Centre will not be responsible for lost and found items. A lost and found box is provided and will be emptied weekly. Staff will not be responsible to retrieve lost and found items.
Family Change Huts
Our Family Change Huts are located through our visitors Gallery Door, down the stairs to the bleacher level and along the poolside of our competition pool. Those who have children of the opposite sex that are 5 years of age and older, are asked to use these facilities. Our Front Desk staff will provide you access to the Visitors Gallery entrance.
We are pleased to offer a Wheelchair accessible change hut.
Smoke-Free / Scent-Free Building Policy
Our entire facility is a smoke-free / scent-free building. We kindly ask that facility entrances be kept clear and not used for smoking. “No scents is good sense." Please refrain from using
scented products in our facility.
Members and general users of the Centre must abide by the rules and regulations set-up by the CGAC. The CGAC reserves the right to update and modify any regulation, policy or procedures as necessary within the operation of the Centre. All changes will be posted and made available at our Front Desk.